Call for applications: Technical Director, NSCC Singapore
The Singapore National Supercomputing Centre (NSCC) invites applications and nominations for the position of Technical Director, NSCC, located in Singapore.
NSCC is looking for a visionary technology leader with an outstanding record of accomplishments, at the intersection of computing and other disciplines, who will work in Singapore’s National Supercomputing Centre, Singapore universities, Singapore government agencies, corporate partners and international affiliates to set the strategic goals and specific directions of NSCC, and to plan and direct the deployment of its next generation of extreme-scale computing and cyber infrastructure, in a rapidly changing landscape of high-performance computing (HPC) technologies, distributed resources and commercial "big-data" platforms.
Mission for NSCC :
- Deploying and managing advanced technology to meet the large-scale computing and data analysis needs of demanding science and engineering problems
- Providing insights into complex systems and sharing the excitement of scientific discovery with the broadest possible audience
- Developing software, techniques, and tools to improve cyber security
- Preparing the next generation of scientists, engineers, social and behavioral scientists, artists and humanists to use computational tools and techniques effectively
- Promoting interdisciplinary research collaborations to ensure continued leadership in advanced computing applications and technology
- Partnering with the public and private sectors to encourage economic development.
- Supporting and promoting educational research, development and outreach activities related to education.
The Technical Director will provide technical leadership for NSCC, ensuring the Center's position as a world leader in the development and deployment of HPC and advanced cyber infrastructure.
In particular, the Technical Director will:
- Develop a long-term vision for HPC, networking, and data capabilities necessary to catapult the advancement efforts in science, engineering, the humanities and other disciplines that rely on state-of-the-art technologies for progress;
- Identify new technologies to deploy computational/data facilities at NSCC, and the necessary infrastructure and staff to facilitate use by the Singapore research community;
- Create organizational, technological and educational structures that foster collaboration between computer scientists, computational scientists and application specialists in diverse fields of study;
- Retain, expand, inspire and engage existing Center staff to cultivate an organization of world-class expertise for national users of NSCC resources;
- Consult and collaborate (together with the M&E and SPE teams) with computing leaders, nationally and internationally;
- Contribute to the long term agendas of Singapore’s HPC Roadmap in areas critical to the advancement of science and engineering through HPC.