The Digital Transformation and Innovation Office (DTIO) is the business transformation office to drive A*STAR towards a digitally enabled and data-driven organisation. The office is responsible to define the digital vision, formulate digital strategies and develop the digital roadmap to frame and provide directions towards our digitalization efforts. DTIO acts as the catalyst in driving digital transformation and is the bridge between business owners and technology supports. As the central office, DTIO performs the role as the horizontal integrator to synergise and harmonise digital efforts and drive complex and cross-cutting digital initiatives for A*STAR. Beyond business-technology, the roles of DTIO also entails the raising of digitally skilled and creative workforce to empower our workforce to harness digital technology and embrace business transformation. To support digitalization efforts, the office is also responsible to set digital/data policies and put in place governance and standards.
You will be part of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Project Team to contribute to the implementation of a large-scale ERP replacement project. You will work closely with the ERP Team to harmonise and synergies the design and implementation of the ERP during the different phases of the project. You will drive specific functions and workstreams. To effectively carry out your work, you will need to have a good understanding of the business needs of your specific functions and work with your stakeholders to translate the “to be” business process to design requirements. As the representative of your business stakeholders, you are expected to work closely with the selected System Integrator to design, implement and test the ERP functional modules. The ability to work with various parties to deliver project outcomes, within timeline and allocated budgetary and resources are critical. Therefore, project management, good understanding of technology and familiarity with the best practices in the areas of your core business (e.g., Finance, HR or Procurement) would be crucial.
What to Expect
- Work with multiple parties which includes System Integrators, Software provider and A*STAR business stakeholders to evaluate requirements, re-design business processes and implement solutions to streamline overall processes within the ERP solution.
- Run workshops by applying design thinking and user journey methodologies to develop seamless end-to-end and efficient “to-be” processes.
- Review and analyse existing policies and recommend business/government best practices to business stakeholders.
- Work directly with System Integrator and Software provider to design and implement the “tobe” process.
- Manage project resources allocated and delivery project outcomes within the project timeline.
- Analyse impact of requested changes and propose improvements to continuously address changing business needs.
- Manage the integration of existing 3rd Party systems / government applications (if any) to your assigned specific ERP function.
- Validate the design, conduct user acceptance test, develop training package as well as change management plans to enable smooth roll-out.
- Work closely with the data management team to support data migration.
- 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Broad understanding of business practices and processes in the area of Finance or HR or Procurement or Grants Management.
- Able to work in a team from diverse background to analyse and identify business process challenges and formulate recommendations for process change.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to operate independently, demonstrate creativity and outcome driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with diverse range of corporate and research service partners.
- Exposure to design thinking and user journey.
- Understanding of ERP systems and technology trends is preferred.