NSCC is looking for a visionary technology leader with an outstanding record of accomplishments, who will work in Singapore’s National Supercomputing Centre, Singapore universities, Singapore government agencies, corporate partners and international affiliates to provide sound technical leadership in innovation and sustainability, and to create and execute a strategic plan in NSCC. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and partners to ensure NSCC’s technologies are used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
The following are responsibilities for this appointment :
· Monitor social and technology trends that could influence NSCC mission and goals.
· Participate in management decisions about corporate governance.
· implement the NSCC’s technical strategy and help create new business strategies.
· Implement new data protection and QA processes.
· Work with A*STAR CISO to develop techniques, and tools to improve cyber security
· Partnering with the public and private sectors to encourage economic development.
· Develop a long-term vision for HPC, networking, and data capabilities necessary.
· Partake in Government wide workshop and roadmap plannings.
Research and development:
· Research, outline and recommend the most effective content management systems.
· Maintain current information about technology standards and compliance regulations.
· Develop a strategy to oversee the use of new technology in the organization.
· Develop corporate strategies and business models while analyzing different target markets.
· Communicate the NSCC technology strategy to partners, management, investors with the Marketing Department
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience as a Technology Scout or similar leadership role
• Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
• Understanding of budgets and business-planning
• Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
• Excellent communication skills
• Leadership and organizational abilities
• Strategic thinking
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus