Roles & Responsibilities
· Work closely with stakeholders to evaluate and recommend suitable technology and solutions while aligning to A*STAR’s technology directions, and to determine the implementation approach, such as build or buy, bespoke or COTS and in-house or outsourced.
· Design, develop, maintain & enhance existing and new software systems on premise or in the Cloud.
· Participate in full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement gathering and analysis, system design, development, testing, support, etc.).
· Apply Design Thinking/Service Design methodology and tools to develop and execute the approach to derive current state gaps and challenges, and future state design and solutions.
· As Project Manager (PM), perform user requirements gathering and analysis, and subsequently project manage the development/implementation of new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems, including leading systems integration and User Acceptance Testing.
· As System Manager (SM), constantly review the technical and business performance and fitness of existing systems and processes as part of day-2 operations and suggest improvements and ideas to increase efficiency and performance.
· Identify and keep abreast of latest cloud, software development and technology trends on new initiatives and emerging technologies. Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
· Bachelor of Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum 7 years of experience designing and developing complex large scale enterprise projects.
· Experience in Cloud based application development using AWS or Azure.
· Certification as Cloud Solution Architect Associate or Developer by AWS or Azure will be preferred.
· Strong programming skills in C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, LINQ, jQuery and Bootstrap.
· Familiarity with Scrum, DevOps practices and tooling e.g. Unit Testing, Git, CI/CD, etc.
· Experience in project management, Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices is an advantage.
· Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building. Required to interact regularly with internal business stakeholders from all organizational levels and with varying technical backgrounds.
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence