The Joining and Machining Group in SIMTech is looking for an innovative and experienced researcher to join the Advanced Joining Section. The successful candidate has opportunities to participate in research projects related to additive manufacturing and hybrid processing. This includes the following areas:
• Understanding and optimizing process and post-processing parameters for additive manufacturing and arc welding of steels, Ni-based alloys, AI, and Ti alloys.
• In-depth study on the effects of process parameters on porosity, microstructure, and material properties.
• Developing the hybrid additive manufacturing technology platform.
• Development of CAD-CAM software for additive toolpath planning.
• Operation of state-of-the-art equipment for R&D projects.
• Writing technical reports and presentation of technical results.
• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering / Materials / Metallurgy
• With 3 years of R&D experience in welding or additive manufacturing
• Knowledge in laser-based additive manufacturing and materials processing
• Strong background in understanding and correlating process, microstructure, and properties in welded and additive manufactured metallic alloys.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a supporting role in a team.
• Ability to communicate and interact with staff and industry personnel successfully.