- To be the officer-in-charge (OIC) for selected Research Groups or Reserach Programmes on resource and budget related matters.
- To assist in the management of pre/post awarded research grants and industry projects which includes, but not limited to:
- Liaising with grantor and collaborating institutions on grant or project matters.
- Advise PI on budgeting matters for grant proposal.
- Support the Principal Investigator (PI) in grant administration, reporting, and ensure compliance with grant terms and conditions.
- Liaise with other A*STAR functions (finance, procurement, etc) in project accounts creation and activation for newly awarded grants.
- Monitor projects progress, funds utilization and resources and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Tracking of projects KPIs and other metrics
- To work with PI on budget matters, including budget projections and utilisation plans.
- Drafting Inter-Research Institute (RI) collaboration project agreements.
- Assist PI in preparation of progress reports.
- To conduct project management in compliance to research ethics, including assiting the oversight and management of human biomedical research (HBR) related matters, research lab notebook, research publication, etc.
- To support the planning, execution, and hosting of events organized by Resource and Project Management team (eg. SIFBI Scientific Sharing Sessions, RPM Roadshows, etc.)
- To support the implementation and maintenance of the Project Management Information System.
- To track and update databases, KPIs, etc.; safe keep all records and documents.
- Other ad-hoc duties, assignments and projects as may be assigned by Reporting Officer/ Director.
Qualification & Field of Study:
· Degree in Life Sciences, Food Science, Human Nutrition or science related field, with experience in grant/project management will be an added advantage.
Min. Years of Experience:
· 5 Years
Other Requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies):
· Ability to work with a group of scientists with diverse range of disciplines
· Competent in computer skills (especially MS Excel)
· Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Meticulous and organised with the ability to multi-task.
· Able to work independently as well as a team player.