· Support senior management in operational and strategic activities of the Nucleic Acids Therapeutics Initiative (NATi) Joint Coordination Office (JCO), including, but not limited to:
· Formulating and executing strategies to build industry-relevant capabilities and infrastructure.
· Managing positive relationships and ensuring effective governance of relationships with partners, including clinical and industry partners locally and globally.
· Ensuring good governance and management of funding and projects.
· Contributing to organisational budget planning process and liaising closely with resource management and business development teams to ensure accurate and robust budget monitoring against project plans.
· Provide leadership for project management team:
- Define and implement the project management team strategy, standards and processes, and organisational structure in alignment with the initiative’s strategy.
- Supervise, coach, and develop the project management team members, and ensure the appropriate competence level of all group members.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the project management team and provide performance feedback and goal setting.
- Instil and promote project management standards and guidelines.
· Oversee the planning, execution and coordination of all projects.
- Ensure post-project reviews are in place and include lessons learnt exercises which identify both positive and negative outcomes to be actioned.
- Organise and lead regular review meetings with the project management team to track the progress of NATi projects.
- Organise and lead regular updates on project status, including timelines, budgets, risks, and issues to the senior management.
- Organise and lead regular meetings with the Cell and Gene Therapy Steering Committee and NAT Scientific and Business Advisory Board, or any other committees/boards as required.
- Form good user relations by cultivating trust and building a good rapport with project teams, stakeholders, vendors and industry partners.
- Provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to promote collaborative efforts among multi-disciplinary teams.
- Manage and ensure effective communication across project teams, stakeholders, vendors, and industry partners.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
- Bachelor or Masters in life sciences, biomedical sciences, engineering or business management specialisation with at least 5 to 8 years of relevant industry and/or project management experience.
- PhD in Chemical, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences will be advantageous.
- Extensive project leadership / management experience and proficient in project management methodology, techniques, and tools.
- Certification in Project Management (e.g. PMP, CITPM) preferred.
- Experience in business process management and certification in Business Analysis (e.g. CBAP) will be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of working principles in pharmaceutical industries. Experience in multiple clinical indications and/or therapy areas will be advantageous.
- Outstanding writing abilities, oral communication, and presentation skills with a flair for engaging multiple stakeholders for outcome-driven discussions.
- Ability to exert influence at multiple levels across the organisation with strong collaboration and persuasion skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to multi-task and take on concurrent projects.
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to self-direct and flex between varieties of approaches projects, and priorities.
- Willingness to take on required/necessary tasks beyond the job description.