IMRE is looking for highly-qualified synthetic chemists with PhD degrees to work on developing new porous materials for green/ sustainable chemistry applications. The candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
1. Possess good skills in chemical synthesis, able to perform both organic and inorganic synthesis. Experience in the synthesis of MOFs and COFs is a bonus.
2. Be knowledgeable in methods of chemical purification (e.g. column chromatography, recrystallisation)
3. Be knowledgeable and experienced in traditional chemical characterisation techniques, e.g. NMR, FTIR, UV-Vis, ESI-MS. Skills and experience in XRD, solving crystal structures (with structural disorder) and characterisation of MOFs will be greatly preferred.
4. Resourceful and possess excellent problem-solving skills to be able to find solutions to problems on your own.
5. A good publication track record
6. A positive 'can-do' attitude: being willing to explore new chemistry, research directions and ideas.
· PhD in Organic Chemistry/ Inorganic Chemistry/ Catalysis
· Able to work without constant supervision in the lab.
· Able to work with different people of diverse backgrounds in a team.
· Synthesis and characterisation of metal organic frameworks (MOFs) and covalent organic frameworks (COFs).
· Investigate the applications of MOFs/ COFs in catalysis and new applications in sustainability
· Good writing and presentation skills, able to write reports and manuscripts.
· Compliant with lab health and safety regulations
· Creative thinking and able to suggest new ideas
· Mentorship of students, interns and new staff
· Taking care of laboratory equipment, e.g machinery