We are a multi-disciplinary design team whose primary role is to identify opportunities and problems that others choose to ignore and solve it with innovative and ingenious solutions that defy convention using proven technologies or innovations. Through compelling presentations with stunning product visuals to highlight the benefits of the featured innovation, it encourages technological adoption. We bridge the gap between technologies and customers by acting as a catalyst for greater idea generation and getting customers to understand innovation better from a layman perspective.
As a lead in Mechanical Design, you will work within a dedicated, cross-functional, Lean-focused team on innovative and cost saving projects. You strive to deliver goals, create impacts, and enjoy working in a dedicated cross-functional team environment. By understanding our customers’ real business and product needs, you strive to deliver goals, create impacts, and enjoy working in a dedicated cross-functional team environment. You can drive discussions and translate business needs into business and technology solutions. Working experiences in robotics and automation industry will be beneficial.
· Work on projects that require a high degree of mechanical engineering knowledge from prototyping through implementation of the project into production.
· Analyze, modify and create mechanical designs for projects and prove the success of the designs against agreed/established specification using sound engineering principles and statistical analysis.
· Responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixtures, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle.
· Coordinate the procurement and assembly of mechanical components/equipment and identify sources of critical parts and subsystems to resolve complex technical issues.
· Work with the other team members to coordinate project activities to ensure all required tasks are accomplished effectively and to the agreed project timelines.
· Ensure that the design, product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project.
· Communicate results and project status clearly and effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience
· More than 5 years of mechanical engineer experience with Product Design and some level of project management experience.
· Demonstrated understanding of system-level testing and integration.
· Product oriented mentality.
· Experience training and/or deploying Machine Learning algorithms in industry.
· Experience in a regulated industry (e.g. medical device industry/FDA).
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· Proficiency in Design and 3D modelling of assembly and parts (NX, SolidEdge, Solidworks, Creo, Autocad or equivalent)
· Working knowledge on the design and development of high precision and high-speed machines (e.g. cam-drive system design) will be advantageous.
· Familiarity with plastics, injection molding, mold design and failure analysis.
· Ability to analyze, modify and create mechanical designs and good understanding on Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
· Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis will be advantageous.
· Good in analytical calculations solving engineering problems and working knowledge of Medical Device Design Controls will be advantageous.
· Working knowledge of additive manufacturing is a must.