We are looking for a research personnel who is highly motivated, passionate for science, committed to laboratory ethics and can work flexible hours. The person will be involved in an ongoing IMCB project on ‘Novel differentiating stem cell-based therapeutic approaches to chronic wound infection’.
Job scope includes
1. Perform wet lab experiments using techniques such as Cell culture, Bacterial Pathology, Molecular biology, Microscopy, Proteomics and Animal work.
2. Provide laboratory maintenance support, record keeping, reporting, safety, and procurement activities.
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be encouraged to share and bring in new ideas to strengthen the ongoing project and perform other job-related tasks requested by your reporting and countersigning officers. In return, you will be well-versed in the field of stem cell therapy against chronic wound infection, and this will help you build a career in similar translational research domain. This is an opportunity to be credited with an authorship in relatively shorter period of time. You will be remunerated with a competitive salary package and will be an integral part of this world’s class scientific hub in A*STAR.
Polytechnic degrees in Biological / Life Science disciplines or equivalent field with at least 1 year research experience in a biomedical laboratory.
The following research experience is mandatory:
1. Mammalian cell culture experience
2. Experience in microbiology techniques, bacterial biofilms, handling pathogenic biosafety-level 2 bacterial strains such as Enterococcus, Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas
3. Hands on expertise in Molecular biology and Proteomics techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation, qRT-PCR, Plasmid construction, Recombinant-DNA Engineering and Protein purification and Western Blot
4. Ability to multitask, work independently and as part of a team
5. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
The following skills give added advantage but not mandatory and can be learnt:
1. Experience in handling human or mouse stem cells
2. Experience in animal handling, and histological studies
3. Experience in HPLC, FPLC, Flow cytometry, Immunoprecipitation, and Mass spectroscopy
4. RNA sequencing and advanced bioinformatics
5. Basic image analysis and bioinformatics