We are looking for a motivated Research Specialist to join our research on integrated quantum photonics. The project aims to develop integrated quantum light sources and detectors on a hybrid platform that combines lithium niobate nonlinear photonics and superconducting electronics. This platform will enable many highly desirable functionalities in quantum information applications, such as on-chip entanglement generation, microwave-optical transduction, and optical readout of superconducting devices.
This position resides in the Quantum Technologies for Engineering (QTE) Department at the Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE). Successful candidates will be involved in the following activities.
- Characterization of integrated photonic devices, including loss and quality-factor measurement
- Material processing and inspection, including poling of lithium niobate crystal followed by domain imaging
- Assisting in fabrication of photonic and microwave devices
- Organization and procurement of laboratory supplies and components
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, mechanical engineering, material science, or other relevant fields
- Basic knowledge in optics or electronics
- Basic programming skills (e.g., Python, MATLAB)
- Ability to communicate and work closely with team members
- Past experience in the job activities listed above is preferred, but a strong willingness to learn is sufficient. Trainings will be provided.
- Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively