The project manager manages EDDC’s portfolio projects. The successful candidate will work directly with Head of Project Management to ensure deliverables fall within project scope, timeline and budget.
Project management responsibilities include but not limited to:
· The coordination and completion of projects on time within budgets and within scope.
· Assist scientific project lead (SPL) in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Support SPL in developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
· Manages changes to the project scope, project schedule and project cost using appropriate tools and techniques
· Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Provide regular updates to Head of Project Management regarding status of project
· Support SPL in performing risk management to de-risk project as early as possible
· Bachelor’s degree in science with at least 5 years of experience in the field of drug discovery or in a related area
· Familiar with research and drug discovery concepts, practices and processes
· Solid organisation skills including attention to details and multitasking skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and Smartsheet
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus