Artificial Intelligent (AI)/Bioinformatician research fellow (postdoctoral) positions are available in Jinmiao Chen’s lab. The lab focuses on single-cell data analysis and integration. Single-cell technologies include high-dimensional flow/mass cytometry, single-cell multi-omics (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, ATAC-seq, etc), spatial single-cell transriptomics, multi-plex IHC/IF image. These technologies allow for measurements of cellular heterogeneity with unprecedented dimensionality. However, data analysis and interpretation pose a significant technical challenge, thus new methods are needed.
This position is to develop single-cell artificial intelligent (AI) platform to handle 1) large human cell atlas data 2) single-cell multi-omics data 3) single-cell spatial transcriptomic data. The focus is to develop novel AI/deep learning methods for dimension reduction, clustering, cell type identification, pseudo-time inference, normalization and etc. The expected outputs are high-impact journal pulications and patents.
- PhD in computer science/engineering, mathematics, data science, computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics or related fields
- Strong background in AI, machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining and statistics is preferred
- Experience/ability to develop new data analysis methods
- Programming skills using any of R/python/perl/shell script/C++/Matlab/Java or similar
- Experience in analysis of NGS, mass/flow cytometry, or single-cell data (optional)
- Good team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Interest or background in biology or willing to learn
- Initiative, self-driven and critical thinking
- Ability to learn new technologies, willing to accept new challenges