The Clinical Nutrition Research Centre (CNRC) is a joint initiative of the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciencs (SICS), A*STAR and the National University Health System (NUHS). The CNRC comprises of a newly developed, dedicated physical facility for human research in nutrition in the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine Centre for Translational Medicine building. The successful candidate will join a team of researchers at the new Clinical Nutrition Research Centre (CNRC). The CNRC undertakes research on a wide range of topics, including energy regulation, body composition, carbohydrate/ lipid/ protein metabolism and aspects of food intake, and human growth and development. A new research theme is on food engineering to enhance Nutrition and Health.
Researchers will be encouraged to develop multidisciplinary collaboration transcending traditional boundaries. The centre has a whole body calorimeter, sophisticated techniques to measure body composition including modern biochemical techniques as well as glucose clamps to understand hormonal regulation of tissue accretion that leads to obesity, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance.
· Take leadership role in developing cutting-edge research in the area of energy regulation and metabolic diseases
· Act as a coordinator lead for studies related to Food Nutrition and Health
· Be a mentor for junior staff embarking on studies in the interphase of Nutrition and Health
· Be involved in conducting human clinical studies to develop optimal Asian diets for glycaemic, lipidaemic and weight regulations.
· Ph.D in Human Nutrition, Food Science, Biochemistry, Physiology or related fields.
· Research experience in food, food nutrient interactions, food structure or nutritional physiology is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 1 - 2 years of post-doctoral experience
· Strong people and communication skills
· Must have the ability to build good relationships
· Positive and proactive
· Meticulous and accountable for all tasks as assigned
· Ability to initiate and complete sophisticated studies is essential.
· Ability to work in a highly interactive environment.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.