A*STAR directs and undertakes mission-oriented research to transform Singapore into a knowledge-based and innovation-driven economy. As the think-tank of A*STAR, the Planning and Policy Division (PPD) coordinates A*STAR’s strategic planning and corporate planning activities, and is the key interface with A*STAR's senior management and other public sector agencies on policy matters within and beyond A*STAR.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with a keen policy sense and strong analytical abilities, who can think strategically to chart future R&D directions and yet be grounded in the details of quantitative data analysis.
You will play a key role in planning A*STAR’s strategic directions, co-ordinating division- and nation-wide R&D issues, as well as gathering intelligence on current R&D challenges and future requirements applicable to Singapore’s R&D landscape. You will also organise and participate in various corporate events. You will have ample opportunities to interact with A*STAR senior management directly, and with a range of government agencies, including at the senior levels.
You are expected to develop a deep understanding of R&D policy and its wider impact on Singapore, being closely intertwined with various facets of policy making such as healthcare, education, manpower and economic development.
- Experience, preferably in the science and/or engineering field
- Possess strong strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Pro-active, quality conscious, attentive to details and results-oriented
- Able to deliver results under tight timelines
- High learning agility and adaptability
- Able to work in a team and adept at harnessing the diversity in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Relevant working experience in the public sector, strategic and/or corporate planning, would be an advantage