Position : Research Officer (Bachelor or Master degree)
Requirements (knowledge, skills, abilities) :
1. Bachelor or Master’s degree in biomedical sciences or related field with 2+ years of experience in a laboratory animal facility or research facility with rodents.
2. Advanced knowledge of molecular and cell biology.
3. Demonstrated ability to handle lab animals (rodents) and perform a variety of experimental and surgical procedures for in vivo study.
4. Ability to follow protocol precisely, great communication skill and be an effective team player.
5. Having the experience in the production of recombinant adenovirus or lentivirus for in vivo study is highly preferred.
Job duties & responsibilities :
1. Perform routine procedure for laboratory animal maintenance.
2. Conduct various laboratory animal procedures and techniques for a wide range of projects including but not limited to regular breeding, oral gavage, blood/tissue sample collection, euthanasia, and intraperitoneal injection.
3. Perform mammalian cell culture, recombinant virus production and purification.
4. Perform various standard experimental assays including PCR, DNA/RNA purification, protein extraction from cell or tissue samples.
5. Prepare sterile buffers, reagents and media for experiments.
6. Label tubes for specimens and update sample inventories.
7. Other job functions as assigned.