The Radio-Frequency Microelectromechanical Systems (RF-MEMS) team at Institute of Microelectronics (IME) Singapore is looking for a reconfigurable metasurface research scientist. The scientist will work with a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the development of promising metasurface-based technologies for terahertz wireless communication devices
The job responsibilities will include:
· Designing reconfigurable metasurfaces for terahertz beam control
· Developing comprehensive electromagnetic simulation models of metasurface
· Developing analytical models of terahertz metasurface functionalities
· Developing the process flow for fabrication of terahertz metasurface by working with process integration team to ensure successful fabrication of devices
· Specifying integrated circuit and packaging requirements for metasurface devices and communicating the requirements to the respective teams
· Building test setups and PCB circuits for characterizing reconfigurable metasurface devices
· Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Applied Physics or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years of experience in metasurface design (PhD work can be counted)
· Good intuition and a deep understanding of fundamental electromagnetic principles of metasurface. Experience in terahertz domain and/or beam steering design is preferred.
· Knowledge of typical terahertz metasurface fabrication processes, with some experience in microfabrication.
· Experience with electromagnetic simulation software such as CST, COMSOL, Lumerical, or HFSS
· Hands on experience in terahertz characterization is a plus
· Experience in reconfigurable metasurface is a plus.
· Experience in microelectromechanical systems as active element for metasurface reconfiguration is a plus.
· Experience with layout drawing software, such as Cadence, L-edit is a plus.
· Python programming skills for data analysis is a plus.
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work independently, as well as being an excellent team player