Research Fellow (Bioinformatics)
Dr Weiping Han and Dr Caroline Wee (Brain-Body Initiative and IMCB, A*STAR) are looking for a qualified bioinformatician to be employed at the level of a research fellow or senior research fellow. The project will involve multi-omics integration of metagenomic, proteomic, and metabolomic data with health and behavioral data, towards the goal of dissecting diet-microbiome-host interactions underlying energy balance regulation. The candidate will work with a dynamic team spanning basic biologists to clinicians, to identify potential therapeutic strategies for improving human health and well-being.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or a related discipline (Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Statistics) with solid publication / preprint record or relevant experience.
- Expertise in microbiome research or in handling different types of omics data preferred.
- Strong bioinformatics background, familiar with software programming, data analysis and statistics.
- Responsible, organized, and focused.
- Able to work independently, yet also effectively in a team, and enjoys collaboration.
- Good critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills.