A*STAR directs and undertakes mission-oriented research to transform Singapore into a knowledge-based and innovation-driven economy. A*STAR’s Planning Directorate coordinates A*STAR’s strategic planning and corporate planning activities, and is the key interface with A*STAR's senior management and other public sector agencies on corporate and strategic planning as well as policy matters within and beyond A*STAR.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with strong situational awareness who can think on his/her feet and adapt well in the fast-changing environment to engage and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to strategically shape future R&D directions and corral cross-divisional teams to achieve specific outcomes/goals.
You will play a key role in supporting the planning of A*STAR’s strategic directions, co-ordinating division- and nation-wide R&D issues. As part of day-to-day operations, you will also be involved in planning, organising and coordinating various corporate events and management meetings with 2-3 other team members. In the process of stakeholders engagement and management, you will have ample opportunities to interact with A*STAR senior management directly, as well as various counterparts in government agencies including senior officials.
You are expected to develop a deep understanding of R&D ecosystem and policies and its wider impact on Singapore, being closely intertwined with various facets of strategy planning teams across the organisation and public sector.
· Educational background in science and/or engineering will be an advantage
· Possess strong strategic thinking, people and negotiation skills
· Pro-active, quality conscious, attentive to details and results-oriented
· Able to deliver results under tight timelines
· High learning agility and adaptability
· Able to work in a team and adept at harnessing the diversity in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Able to build strong relations with internal and external stakeholders
· Self-starter mindset, take initiative and resourcefulness, and a knack for solving problems
· Good leadership and project management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
· Relevant working experience in the public sector, strategic and/or corporate planning, would be an advantage
· Take on Secretariat work for meetings as and when required