The Industrial Internet-of-Things Innovation (I3) is a new industry-led initiative by the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) of Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Based on a contemporary business model of public-private partnership, the initiative accelerates and drives the adoption of Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) research into industry ready solutions for cross-sectoral industry partners by bringing together best-in-class global companies and R&D minds in Singapore.
Currently, I3 is ramping up its programme with potential partners to develop IIoT capabilities. The partners are comprised of global MNCs, Large Local Enterprises, leading sensors, communications and system providers as well as SMEs.
At I3, you will have a unique opportunity to unleash your creativity and competencies to develop innovative solutions for industry partners. Spanning across our key technical areas in track, monitor and optimize, you will help industry partners to realize the full potential of IIoT possibilities, from product development, integrated systems and solutions, and aftermarket customer care and services. You will also be part of an exciting IIoT network, developing world-class knowledge in the field of IIoT.
The IIoT Mechanical Research Engineer is part of the I3 technology team, and will work closely with technology providers, A*STAR RIs, and IHLs to develop capabilities and new technologies for industry IoT ecosystems. The key responsibilities of the candidate will include but not limited to:
· Develop the mechanical aspects of ruggedized IIoT device for harsh environment applications
· Mechanically integrate IIoT devices into assets and machines
· Gather technical requirements and develop cost effective integrative solutions for IIoT use cases
· Analyze machine fault modes and develop predictive analytics capability
· Build up analytics tools for machine predictive maintenance
· Write detailed technical documents and reports
· BS/Eng, MS/Eng in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, or related fields
· Experience in IOT systems and relevant technologies
· Good hands-on skills in software programming and knowledge in data analytics
· Knowledge in aerospace, offshore & marine, automotive and manufacturing would be advantageous
· Candidate will be required to have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and excellent communication skills
· Entry level candidates with a track record of the above mentioned are encouraged to apply