The Sensors, Actuators, & Microsystems (SAM) team is looking for a MEMS piezoelectric resonator research scientist. The scientist will work with a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the development of MEMS resonant systems for low power wireless communications.
The job responsibilities will include:
• Design and simulation of MEMS piezoelectric resonators
• Optimization of resonator geometry and damping mechanisms
• Designing MEMS fabrication processes and working with the process integration team to ensure successful devices
• Building characterization setups including relevant PCB circuits
• Interfacing with the circuit design team for building relevant ASICs
• PhD in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Applied Physics or equivalent
• 4-5 years experience in MEMS resonant systems
• Deep knowledge of the mechanical and electrical aspects of MEMS resonators and thin-film piezoelectrics
• Experience in design and optimization of resonators using finite element analysis and circuit simulation tools.
• Experience with MEMS fabrication processes.
• Software programming skills for data analysis, such as MATLAB or Python.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as being an excellent team player.