The Information Technology Shared Services department provides IT support to A*STAR and its Research Institutes through innovative and integrated exploitation of Information Technology.
The Network Support Engineer will provide level 1 network support and on-site technical support to ad-hoc requests for all network set-up, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, port security configurations, etc. in an enterprise network infrastructure which includes local area networks, wired and wireless. You will be monitoring network related incidents. Documentation and recording of technical work done.
You will need to liaise with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure timely closure of incident tickets and network service requests in line with customers' requirements and schedule. Other responsibilities include:
· To execute port security configurations/reset for all network ports in WOA. Test and verify successful implementation where necessary, support any request for changes, problem solving, etc.
· First level operations support including monitoring and maintenance of network ports and resolve issues pertaining to port failures.
· Track and monitor the list of ports being activated and reset ports so that only authorized endpoints can be connected, using port security.
· Weekly update on status, issues
· Min 1 year of IT network data communications experience in Wireless, LAN, is an added advantage.
· Network certifications, such as CCNA is an added advantage.
· Strong communications and written skills in English.
· Excellent problem solving skills in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and complex work environment.
· Good communication skill, positive attitude, team player, resourceful and resolve problems independently.