ICES is looking for a highly-motivated candidate with great interpersonal skills to join Research and Technical Support Team - Part of Scientific Infrastructure and Analytics Division. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to ICES by the following:
- Upkeep and ensure good lab housekeeping for designated laboratories, sufficient supplies of common chemical and laboratory consumables (including procurement) etc.
- Ensure common equipment functionality and its operation within required limits by internal and external preventive maintenance.
- Initiation and coordinate disposal of unwanted, obsolete chemicals and generated waste in laboratory.
- Ensure all new laboratory personnel receive basic laboratory safety training and specific operational procedures before they commence work in the lab.
- Ensure lab occupants (i.e. staff and students) comply with general laboratory safety rules. Communicates information on identified hazards and precautions to all lab users.
- Initiate and coordinate all necessary corrective actions to rectify safety discrepancy found in the lab.
- Maintain up-to-date chemical inventory and ensure Safety Datasheet (SDS) for chemicals are readily available for respective laboratories.
- Coordinate the compilation and maintain laboratory documentation (equipment manuals, equipment standard operating procedures, maintenance records and inventory record of regulated chemicals)
- Is encouraged to support research experiments and provide analytical input with guidance from researchers.
- Polytechnic diploma preferably related to chemical engineering or equivalent.
- Candidate without relevant experiences are welcome to apply.
- Prior work in a laboratory is not a requirement but an added advantage
- Team player with initiative, drive and good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Open and approachable team player with good communication skills
- Willing to work on Jurong Island (Shuttle-buses are available at various locations)