SIMTech is looking for a motivated, innovative and experienced research scientist with excellent research track record and interpersonal skills to join Metal and Ceramic Forming Group. The successful candidate has opportunities to lead research and industry projects and research teams. The researchers at Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) take advantage of the state-of-the art equipment and resources and work in a collaborative research environment.
· Strategizing and formulating R&D and industrial engagement plans related with metal, ceramic and composite processing to improve technology competency and industry adoption.
· Lead the R&D projects on metal and ceramic processing with highly skilled researchers and engineers and provide mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team.
· Plan research projects and resources to complete the existing projects and apply for potential competitive funding.
· Interact with partners and customers from research institutes and industries to define and refine research projects.
· Supervise the activities of research scientists / research engineers / technical specialists / students.
· Provide timely project update and reports to team members, collaborators and sponsors.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned by higher management.
· PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering / Materials Science and Engineering.
· With 3 years’ experience on materials processing and characterization in R&D or industry environment.
· With 2 years of direct people management experience in leading and developing teams
· Proven track record of innovation in the field of materials science and engineering, material processing and characterization and project management
· Self-driven and proactive, apply logic and reason to effectively solve problems and manage risks
· With a positive attitude and commitment to get to the best result, welcoming ideas from others and drive processes forward in an inclusive manner
· Knowledge in metal, ceramic and composite related materials and processing will be an added merit for this position