Dr Caroline Wee (Principal Investigator, IMCB, A*STAR) and Dr. Leslie Beh (Incoming Principal Investigator, IMCB, A*STAR) are looking for a qualified individual to be employed at the level of a Laboratory Officer or Research Officer, to work on a cross-disciplinary research project involving the role of the epitranscriptome in mental and metabolic health. The candidate will provide technical expertise and assistance on both basic and translational aspects of this project, and administrative/logistical upkeep pertaining to lab operations. On-the-job mentorship will be provided to help the candidate achieve their personal and career goals.
- Accurate monitoring and reporting of experimental results and research findings.
- Novel genetic technologies, Multi-omics approaches, Microscopy, Data analysis
- Zebrafish animal colony management including genotyping and husbandry.
- Zebrafish brain and behavioral phenotyping experiments
- Routine lab techniques: molecular biology (cloning, DNA, RNA extraction), making buffers and reagent preparation.
- Administrative work related to animal protocol, equipment maintenance, and laboratory safety.
- Evaluate and interpret data for oral or written presentations.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in biology, biotechnology or related field
- 1 or more years of relevant research experience
- Strong grasp of molecular biology techniques (DNA cloning; RNA and protein work)
- Experience in CRISPR-Cas mutagenesis, NGS library generation and data analysis, programming (Excel VBA, Python, MATLAB etc) and statistics a plus
- Candidates with experience or interest in zebrafish handling, genotyping, transgenesis / mutagenesis and microinjections, microscopy will be preferred.
- Responsible, focused and organized; able to tolerate semi-routine work with interest in improving techniques and productivity.