IMRE is seeking for a well-motivated individual with experience in optical and mechanical engineering to help develop the next-generation of ultra-sensitive atomic magnetometers. The candidate will work together with a dynamic team of physicists to develop various single and multi-pass vapor cells that can be used in atomic magnetometry and other quantum sensing/information applications. He/she will also help design and/or machine various custom optomechanical components.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Applied Optics, Physics, Engineering, or related field, with a minimum of 3 years of industry or research experience.
- Hands-on experience in assembling and aligning multi-pass/cavity optical systems
- Experience with polishing optical surfaces
- Hands-on machining skills
- Experience in modeling optical systems and custom optical coatings
- Experience with designing optomechanical setups with computer-assisted design (CAD) software
- Familiarity with operating UHV vacuum systems
- A passion and zeal for learning and trying out new ideas in lab
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and work well in a team
- Programming skills in Python and familiarity with version control software like Git/GitHub are desirable.