A*STAR's Enterprise Division comprises several units working together with researchers and industry to develop, transfer and commercialise technology. Enterprise Division actively engages companies in enhancing their technology portfolio through research collaborations, licensing or other forms of Public-Private Partnerships to capture economic value for Singapore.
The Industry Cluster (IC) team oversees all the company engagements and licensing activities in A*STAR. We manage Key Accounts at HQ level (linkages across A*STAR and beyond), scout for new opportunities and support National Initiatives and Key/Integrated Programmes. We are currently looking for a new Director (Bioprocessing), to lead the Bioprocessing Cluster in Enterprise Division.
· Engage with companies to understand their businesses, product/service offerings, and technology needs.
· Engage with Singapore's scientific units to understand their capabilities and relevance to companies.
· "Matchmake" companies and researcher/research units, to bring in new investments, products, and jobs to Singapore's economy.
· Develop marketing and commercialisation strategies to promote technology commercialisation and transfer from A*STAR Research Institutes to the industry.
· Review and assess research with long term view to IP output.
· Structure and negotiate licensing deals.
· Work closely with relevant industries to:
o market the portfolio and research capabilities through licensing, collaboration and facilitate the technology transfer and spinoff companies through these technologies.
· Manage and lead a team of managers in the team.
· Translate knowledge of strategic R&D with opportunities for value creation and value capture in Singapore into relevant technology roadmaps, developing strategies for industry involvement, and formulating clear collaboration objectives.
· Develop a deep understanding of R&D policy and strategy, programme design and management competencies, and communication skills to engage a diverse set of stakeholders within and outside of A*STAR.
- Min 10-15 years of relevant working experience in the Bioprocessing (large molecule therapeutics development and manufacturing) sector.
- Experience with intellectual property management and business development is preferred.
- Exposure to start-ups is advantageous
- Possess strong analytical thinking skills and willingness to learn.
- Results oriented, pro-active, and a team player.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the maturity to handle diverse stakeholders with competing interests, navigate uncertainties and solving problems.