The Information Technology Shared Services department provides IT support to A*STAR and its Research Institutes through innovative and integrated exploitation of Information Technology.
The Network Engineer will support network operations, implement networks changes in an enterprise network infrastructure which includes local area networks, wired and wireless, involved in operation/project activities, involving technical design, operations support, network trials, network engineering & integration and network acceptance testing & commissioning.
You will liaise with all relevant internal and external parties to ensure timely completion and implementation of projects in line with customers' requirements, schedule and budget.
Main responsibilities include:
· Lead a small team of 4 to implement port security activities, i.e., manage port security initiatives, plan, design, document, execute, resource manage and support daily operations of port security
· Provide 2nd level of technical support and solutions,
· Participate and lead problem resolution and cause analysis
Other responsibilities may include:
· Design network solutions in line with reference to internal architectural standards and principles to meet dynamic scalable business requirements/expansions.
· Deploy enterprise LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN Accelerators and other hardware.
· Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Create and maintain documentation of network configuration, network diagram, mapping, processes, and service records.
· Drive efforts to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· At least 5 years of strong IT network data communications experience with in-depth hands-on in port security configuration, Wireless, LAN and WAN, such as platforms: Cisco, Infoblox, etc.
- Experience on LAN/WAN solutions in a Telco and/or Data Centre environment is an added plus.
- In-depth knowledge of networking technologies, protocols and tools such as MPLS, IPv6, Multicast, L3VPN, routing protocols (such as BGP, OSPF), DNS, Spanning tree, etc is required.
- Network certifications, such as CCNP is a must.
- Strong communications and written skills in English.
- Excellent problem solving skills in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.