The Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) is looking for a passionate and motivated individual who can oversee the development of core research capabilities within A*STAR’s research unities and think strategically to chart future R&D directions.
You will coordinate initiatives with A*STAR’s management, corporate group as well as the various entities in the research institutes. In addition, you will play a key role in charting A*STAR’s strategic directions, co-ordinating cross-council efforts, as well as gathering intelligence on current R&D challenges and future requirements that is applicable to Singapore’s R&D landscape. The role will provide a unique perspective of the strategic priorities of the organisation as well as the broader public service. You will have ample opportunities to interact with A*STAR senior management directly, and with a range of government agencies, including at the senior levels.
You should have a passion for Singapore and a strong drive to ensure investments in R&D activities deliver good economic and societal outcomes. You are proactive and self-motivated, results-oriented, able to work independently and in a team setting, and possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You must have high integrity in pursuing excellence and what is right for A*STAR and Singapore.
· Collaborate across the different divisions in A*STAR to formulate and implement agency-wide policies.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to discover new insights and trends, to develop relevant R&D strategies that are aligned with Singapore’s economic and national agenda.
· Support A*STAR and SERC’s senior management in key meeting platforms and their engagement with relevant government agencies, institutes of higher learning, and other research institutes.
· Translate overarching strategies to key action plans for SERC research entities to achieve impactful outcomes.
· Solve complex problems and track strategic performance/progress and issues across SERC.
· Ensure the quality and accuracy of the survey data based on best practices.
· Partner internal departments, policy and economic agencies in the discovery of new insights and trends from the RIE survey data to support policy making.
· Provide data support to SERC, A*STAR management and all relevant stakeholders.
· Review, streamline and coordinate SERC’s operations and work processes.
· Perform divisional reporting and communications functions with stakeholders within A*STAR, governing and advisory boards, as well as other public agencies in the ecosystem.
· Have a road vision of science and technology, able to handle diverse topics beyond one’s direct field of education and experience
· Awareness of emerging technologies and global trends would be an advantage
· At least 2 years of working experience in either research, strategic/ corporate planning or related administration roles
· Good organisation acumen, excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage leadership, internal and external stakeholders as well as researchers
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Dynamic and self-motivated individual who is a big-picture thinker and values integrity, teamwork and excellence
· Meticulous, well-organised, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
· High learning ability, agility and adaptability