Artificial Intelligent (AI)/Bioinformatician research officer position is available in Jinmiao Chen’s lab. The lab focuses on single-cell & AI for precision immunolgy. Single-cell technologies include high-dimensional flow/mass cytometry, single-cell multi-omics (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, ATAC-seq, etc), single-cell spatial transriptomics, multi-plex IHC/IF image, etc. These technologies allow for measurements of cellular heterogeneity with unprecedented dimensionality. However, data analysis and interpretation pose a significant technical challenge, thus new methods are needed.
This role is to develop novel computational/AI/deep learning methods for dimension reduction, clustering, cell type identification, pseudo-time inference, normalization/batch effect correction, cell-cell interaction and etc. Meanwhile the research officer will also perform data analysis/bioinformatics for collaborative projects.
· Bachelor in any of statistics, computer science/engineering, mathematics, data science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or related fields
· Strong background in AI, machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining and statistics is preferred
· Experience / ability to develop new data analysis methods
· Programming skills using any of R/python/perl/shell script/C++/Matlab/Java or similar
· Experience in analysis of NGS, mass/flow cytometry, or single-cell data (optional)
· Good team player, with good interpersonal skills
· Interest or background in biology or willing to learn
· Initiative, self-driven and critical thinking
· Ability to learn new technologies, willing to accept new challenges