A member of Operations Leadership team, this role drives and sustains initiatives that ensure Business Continuity of EDDC. In addition, to work across entities internally and leverage externally to constantly evolve to a future-fit Operations Function to enable EDDC’s goals.
· Work closely with the COO to ensure all operational strategies are implemented and sustained.
· Implement goal setting and performance management to all units within Operations.
· Proactively support the COO in identifying challenges and gaps in operational processes in order to drive continuous improvements.
· Cross-functional oversight and managing to focus on milestones and deliver outcomes across Admin Ops, Laboratory Operations, Procurement and IS/IT and Service Ops.
· Controls functional expenditure within agreed budgets.
· Leads and organises all activities related to research operations.
o Enhance efficiency, productivity and quality in all laboratory operations.
o Optimizes service maintenance of equipment and manage purchasing contracts.
o Ensure HSE policies are adhered to.
· Responsible for ERM and BCM, deploys policies and drives initiatives.
· Coaching and management of staff, and work alongside HR for recruitment and staff’s developmental needs.
· Perform other duties assigned.
· Degree in Operations Management or equivalent. Candidates with other education background will be considered if relevant work & industry experience are met.
· Minimum 12 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain and/or Procurement; including service/supplier management, preferably in life sciences and/or healthcare related industries.
· Leadership in regional or global positions in organizations is preferred.
· Functional experience across industry and/or domains is a plus.
· Self-starter and a proven track record in delivering business outcomes and customer-oriented objectives.
· Excellent problem-solving skills & a mind set for Continuous Improvement.
· Strong communication and presentation, proven track record in stakeholder management.
· Takes ownership & committed to delivering results.