· Provide leadership on research directions and priorities to achieve A*STAR’s mission and goals across our research institutes.
· Formulate and execute strategies at A*STAR and national levels, to build industry-relevant R&D programmes, capabilities and infrastructure.
· Proactively develop and ensure a pipeline of scientific capability building effort through technology foresighting, roadmapping exercises, and design and evaluation of new R&D programmes.
· Establish and anchor long-term partnerships with A*STAR research community, public hospitals, universities, industry and public sector agencies
· Ensure good governance and management of public funding and research programmes.
· Degree in biomedical engineering or relevant from a reputable university. Candidate with PhD/doctorate qualification would be preferred although not a must.
· Minimum of 6 years’ working experience, preferably in public sector agency, medical organization, industry R&D, start-up company and/or in a science-based business role.
· Have a broad vision of science and technology, able to handle diverse technical topics beyond one’s direct field of education and experience, with excellent awareness of emerging technologies and global trends.
· Outstanding writing abilities, oral communication and presentation skills with a flair for engaging multiple stakeholders for outcome-driven discussions
· Able to bring fresh insights to complex situations and make radical or unexpected connections
· Energetic self-starter, able to self-direct and flex between varieties of approaches and projects.
· The following competencies would be ideal:
o Ability to learn fast and gain deep domain knowledge in specific R&D areas within MedTech,
o Ability to exert influence at multiple levels across the organization with strong collaboration and persuasion skills,
o Ability to see promising areas to invest and nurture with an investor’s mindset,
o Ability to seed, develop and build new research programme
o Ability to expand sphere of influence through networking and understanding of the local ecosystem