1. Perform research in the following areas:
a. Offshore hydrodynamics
b. Loads, motions and response analysis of Marine & Offshore platforms and floating structures
c. Fluid-structure interactions
2. Assist in conducting physical model tests, field experiments and numerical simulations to support the development of integrated physical-numerical modelling and simulations.
3. Collaborate with industry partners, affiliated research institutes and other relevant stakeholders to contribute to grant proposals for research funding consistent with the strategic goals of TCOMS.
4. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification & Field of Study:
Bachelor?s/Master?s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Physical Oceanography, Applied Mathematics, or other related disciplines.
1. Preferably having relevant research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas:
2. Offshore engineering, marine engineering, hydrodynamics, naval architecture and ocean engineering.
3. Prior knowledge in the following numerical methods/software/programming languages will be an advantage:
a. CAD software such as SolidWorks, Rhino, AutoCAD
b. Engineering tools such as WAMIT, SESAM and OrcaFlex
c. Programming codes such as FORTRAN, Python, MATLAB, C++ or equivalent.
1. Good interpersonal and communications skills.
2. Ability to adapt and work effectively as members of a team.
3. Resourceful and self-driven with a high degree of professional integrity.