Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive (Research), the Research Office oversees research quality, excellence and impact, and supports A*STAR researchers in their pursuit of open competitive funds, in line with A*STAR’s research strategy for the RIE domains. It also reviews policies and research protocols to safeguard research ethics and ensures compliance and responsible conduct of A*STAR scientific research.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· Assist the scientists and researchers with editing and proofreading grant/business proposals, scientific articles review and publicity materials.
· Enhance coherence and presentation of documents through reorganisation/reconstruction of documents and/or extensive rewriting
· Provide secretariat support to meetings such as research collaborations, grant updates and scientific communication
· Participate in outreach and/or training activities related to scientific writing
· Update research outputs and support the development of strategies on identify grant opportunities, assist researchers to define project plans and budgets and develop timelines; and to establish and monitor project risks and risks registers
· Possess a MSc/PhD in a scientific discipline (preferably in Engineering or Physics) from a recognised university with a minimum of 2 years of scientific writing/copyediting experience
· Proficient in scientific and business writing
· Experience in infographics, data visualisation and storytelling
· Good mastery of language with strong communication skills and a keen eye for details
· Highly motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision, and can multi-task and work collaboratively