Other requirements for skills and competencies include:
· A strong record in publishing articles in well-recognized journals and presenting at international professional conferences in starch chemistry
· Excellent soft skills, such as people skills, stress management skills, team relationships, writing & verbal communication skills, etc.
· Meticulous and accountable for all tasks as assigned and take the initiative (be proactive) in conducting research and assisting others when needed
· Prioritizing the team’s goal above personal interest
· Being willing to share and discuss research within the team; recognizing and drawing out each other’s strengths to achieve shared goals
· Ability to adjust focus and behaviors in response to changing priorities, demands, and research directions
· Assist the program with daily operational and admin needs, such as procurement, chemical waste management, instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.
· Practice the highest standards of research integrity and ethics
· Respect diversity and be able to collaborate with others in a highly diverse environment
· Experience in using literature management software (i.e., EndNote), statistical and data analysis (e.g., R program), and other research-relevant tools
· A cover letter and CV presenting a complete history of academic credentials are required when applying.