Intra-operative imaging is an exciting field at the intersection of engineering, optics, and medicine. Real-time, image based diagnosis at the bedside, in the operating room has the potential to greatly enhance patient outcomes. Join a new initiative at the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, A*STAR to develop cutting edge optical imaging systems and minimally invasive devices for rapid point-of-care diagnostics.
Visit www.liangresearch.com for more information.
The Post Doctoral Fellow will work with the PI, Dr. Liang Kaicheng to:
- Design and build optical/laser instrumentation for translational research, with a focus on fiber optic imaging systems and endoscopic microscopy
- Develop software for system control and data acquisition
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Develop new research directions and pursue funding
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related
- Strong publication record with first-authored articles
- Strong (5+ years) proficiency in building optical/laser imaging systems and instrumentation including hardware control with LabVIEW or other language
- Experience in biomedical research preferred but not required
- Experience in fiber optics preferred but not required