A*STAR’s Procurement Operations team resides within the Procurement Division, which manages procurement policies and procedures and facilitate sound buying decisions through the right balance between public accountability, the prudent use of funds and operational efficiency. The team actively looks for opportunities of improvements, leverage on technology for automation to achieve operation efficiencies and collaborates with stakeholder in developing client-centric solutions.
The job role of this Head, Procurement is to manage Procurement Operations, namely:
• Review and implement the Procurement Policies and Procedures in alignment with the government Instruction Manual and circulars and A*STAR operational requirements.
• Development of roadmap for the procurement systems to ensure alignment with the Policies and Procedures and user experience.
• Leads the Procurement operational team to deliver Procurement’s Service Level Agreements commitments with KPIs measurements. (includes handling operational escalation, resourcing, end to end procurement contract management, compliance to procedures, staff development)
• Initiate and lead Stakeholder engagement for alignment of goals with the different business units
• Interpret and translate result of data analytics to measure performance/health and identify opportunities for improvement/simplification, aggregation/alignment, and automation.
• Lead and collaborate with various stakeholders in cross functional projects including developing change management plans, evaluating the impact of planned change, identifying risks and mitigation plans.
• Manage audit review findings/lapses and propose changes to governance policies and procedures; support audit reviews, investigations, and internal process improvements to resolve identified issues with relevant stakeholders.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in procurement, with at least 3 to 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
• Good understanding of Government Procurement policies will be advantageous.
• Good situation appraisal and analytical thinking skills in decision making
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (succinct and consistent)
• Able to translate data to actionable intelligence