The Information Technology Shared Services division provides IT support to A*STAR and its Research Institutes through innovative and integrated exploitation of Information Technology.
As the Deputy Chief Information Officer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide strategic and tactical leadership in harnessing new and state of the art technologies, including cloud-based technologies, to deliver a technology vision and IT roadmap for A*STAR, and achieve alignment for the overarching IT infrastructure and architecture in A*STAR and its Research Entities;
· Maintain overall responsibility for the ICT security design, implementation and operations of A*STAR’s Corporate and Scientific ICT systems, align to specific SNDGO/GovTech, MTI family and A*STAR IT security requirements, manage and operate the Security Operations Centre, and lead in the investigation and management of ICT security incidents and remediation efforts;
· Collaborate and work in partnership with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure alignment in all cybersecurity efforts and projects across the whole of A*STAR, and comply with prevailing cybersecurity policies and standards;
· Oversee the review of ICT related strategies and initiatives and identify and implement Digital Transformation projects to meet business objectives and execute the overall digitalisation plan in partnership with the Digital Transformation and Information Office;
· Provide leadership to the various ITSS teams and oversee management of IT operations, operating processes and policies, corporate and scientific IT facilities and equipment, planning, budgeting and utilization of resources to achieve strategic alignment, excellence, customer satisfaction, operational efficiencies and effective staff deployment;
· Strategise partnership with corporate staff and scientific leadership to understand issues and help promote/influence directions in Technology Adoption;
· Drive and guide key business ICT projects to ensure governance, and utilise Project Management methodologies to ensure adherence to defined timelines and budgets;
· Ensure strong budget management and accountability for the ITSS Division and all projects undertaken by it.
· Ensure appropriate staffing of the ITSS Division, including the hiring, training and development and retention of high quality IT staff to ensure professional service delivery to the corporate and research end-users; ensure good supervisory practices within the Division at all levels and set in place training and development opportunities for staff to expand capabilities and build innovation.
· Background in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
· At least 15 years’ work experience with a least 10 years in a management capacity
· Strong strategic thinking, negotiation and influencing skills
· Knowledge of ICT policy, Cloud-technologies, and operations in the public and private sector in Singapore
· Ability to design and manage budgets
· Able to work with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver results effectively and efficiently
· People developer