Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech, A*STAR) is looking for a highly motivated, independent, and innovative quick learner with excellent interpersonal skills to join Additive Manufacturing Group. The successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in research and industry projects in additive manufacturing (AM) and be involved in a highly challenging and dynamic research and development environment. The researchers at SIMTech are equipped with the state-of-the art equipment and resources, and work in a highly collaborative research environment.
Successful candidate is expected to contribute to the research and development activities, in the technical track of powder bed fusion and/or sinter based additive manufacturing, where he/she will be carrying out work scopes including:
• Preparing, operating and unpacking equipment such as gas atomizing system, powder bed fusion printing systems, binder jetting 3D printers.
• Carrying out materials, mechanical properties and other necessary functional tests.
• Coordinating post-processing efforts to achieve end-to-end solutions for 3D printed components.
• Performing function testing to verify equipment readiness after maintenance or material change.
• Carrying out routine maintenance, diagnostics checks and engage OEM vendors for preventive maintenance.
• Be responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
• Planning equipment schedule, maintain and improve lab quality system.
• Diploma in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Materials Science Engineering or equivalent.
• Demonstrated knowledge and strong hands-on experience in powder bed fusion and/or sinter based binder jet printing will be an added advantage.
• With 3 years’ of experience in AM in the industry field.
• Strong hands-on capabilities.
• Diligent and positive work attitude.
• Good communication, writing and presentation skills.