- Promote and strengthen process and controls by executing projects and leading a team to identify, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of process improvement projects on finance processes such as Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report. These projects will be in the area of finance functional assessments, organisational redesigns, cost reductions, lean process reengineering, financial close optimisation, management reporting simplification and shared services.
- Build relationships within finance as well as cross-functionally to assess information needs; provide insight and robust challenge to support decision-making.
- Ensure business ownership is achieved and user acceptance of any process solution is achieved through effective change management practices.
- Quickly identifying transaction issues and defining effective resolution.
- Continuously work to manage/reduce immediate and long-term operating costs through process and technology efficiencies.
- Identify and drive initiatives which automate and optimise global business processes and systems in finance and which foster trust and accountability in financial reporting and compliance with legal, tax, audit, regulatory, and jurisdictional requirements in every country we operate.
- Ensure complete business requirements for finance processes are defined and documented and serve as a basis for testing any technical solutions.
- Identify opportunities for digitisation and present and initiate projects.
- Liaise with the IT organisation to stay informed of technical initiatives that will impact finance processes, track status of relevant change requests and/or new solutions, and understand and communicate the overlay of the end-to-end process and the applications needed within that process.
- Ensure strong protections against fraud and abuse in transaction processing.
- Ensure that the business stays flexible for future changes in the organisation and/or regulations.
· Possess at least 5 to 7 years of experience working within a data management setting.
· Ability to work with business users to elicit and formally define their requirements for a corporate data system, and extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing.
· Strong ability to communicate embed information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and non-technical audience.
· Experienced in translating requirements of business users and convey them to system vendors and IT organisation, and manage their performance.
· Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.