The Industrial Internet-of-Things Innovation (I3) is a new industry-led initiative by the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC) of Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Based on a contemporary business model of public-private partnership, the initiative accelerates and drives the adoption of Industrial Internet-of-Things (IIoT) research into industry ready solutions for cross-sectoral industry partners by bringing together best-in-class global companies and R&D minds in Singapore.
Currently, I3 is ramping up its programme with potential partners to develop IIoT capabilities. The partners are comprised of global MNCs, Large Local Enterprises, leading sensors, communications and system providers as well as SMEs.
At I3, you will have a unique opportunity to unleash your creativity and competencies to develop innovative solutions for industry partners. Spanning across our key technical areas in track, monitor and optimize, you will help industry partners to realize the full potential of IIoT possibilities, from product development, integrated systems and solutions, and aftermarket customer care and services. You will also be part of an exciting IIoT network, developing world-class knowledge in the field of IIoT.
The IIoT System Integration Research Engineer will be part of the I3 Project team and will work closely with technology providers, A*STAR RIs, and IHLs to develop new technologies and solutions for industry partners. The key responsibilities of the candidate will include, but not limited to:
· Develop IoT hardware and platform solutions for IIoT ecosystem.
· Integrate IoT devices and build IoT systems.
· Understand at high level of different types of Device Hardware (MCUs, PLCs, HMIs, Gateways), OS (Linux, Windows IOT Core, Free RTOS, Azure Sphere), M2M Communication Protocols (OPC-UA, Modbus), IOT Connectivity and IOT platform solutions.
· Gather technical requirements and develop cost effective integrative solutions for IIoT use cases
· Provide technical support for the system integration of various components in the IIoT solution.
· Engage with internal stakeholders, RIs, IHLs and technology providers to apply new technologies into IIoT ecosystems.
· Project manage industry projects. Ensure the project milestones & deliverables are executed within timeline and the objectives are met.
· BS/Eng, MS/Eng in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Experience in IOT System Integration and/or IOT deployment.
· Knowledge in IOT systems/platforms, interfacing systems/services, and applied technologies
· Proficient in documenting solution design using conceptual and physical diagrams.
· Knowledge in aerospace, built environment, pharmaceutical or food & agri-tech sectors would be advantageous.
· Candidate will be required to have strong critical thinking, problem solving, and excellent communication skills
· Entry level candidates with a track record of the above mentioned are encouraged to apply