A*STAR Infectious Diseases Labs (A*STAR ID Labs) is seeking for a Research Fellow to join us in our mission to be a leading centre of infectious diseases research. A*STAR ID Labs aims to develop a cohesive A*STAR response to drive and deliver translational infectious diseases research to better health and economic outcomes.
The Antimicrobial Biologics Laboratory in A*STAR ID Labs focused on novel methods of antibody discovery against difficult targets including complex pathogens and membrane-bound receptors. We utilize microfluidic technologies and function-based bioassays for discovery of functional monoclonal antibodies and apply reverse vaccinology to identify critical vaccine epitopes. Solutions developed will be applied to the fields of infectious disease and antimicrobial resistance.
· PhD in Life Sciences/Biomedical Sciences/Biological Sciences or related fields
· Experience in a laboratory environment and strong wet lab technique
· Expertise with antibody or vaccine biology preferable
· Expertise with viral or bacterial molecular biology preferable
· Expertise with with glycan biology preferable
· Excellent organizational and skills and attention to details
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Highly motivated and a passion for research
· Adaptable to a diverse and cross-disciplinary environment, because we use a wide range of techniques to achieve our research outcomes