The Office of Grants Administration serves to provide oversight in grants management and compliance, in order to promote effective stewardship of RIE funds managed by A*STAR as an Implementing Agency, as well as grants held by A*STAR as grant recipients.
The Industry Alignment Fund – Pre-positioning (IAF-PP) and the Industry Alignment Fund – Industry Collaboration Projects (IAF-ICP) are funding schemes intended to encourage public sector researchers and institutes to work with industry:
· The IAF-PP aims to increase alignment of public sector research with industry outcomes, through supporting industry-aligned capabilities and the development of multidisciplinary and integrated programmes with early industry involvements. Programmes were required to demonstrate integration and viable pathways to early industry involvement within a three- to five- year timeframe.
· The IAF-ICP aims to support strategic R&D projects between industry & public R&D, by applying and commercialising public sector research capabilities, IPs and technologies towards industry-relevant challenges.
The role of the Senior Officer/Assistant for IAF-PP/IAF-ICP includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Collation and checking of grants documentation (e.g. proposals, reports, variation requests, fund requisitions) to facilitate proposal evaluation process.
· Secretariat duties for the funding initiative, including scheduling meetings, procurement and logistics, record keeping (writing minutes) to facilitate review process.
· Executing policies and processes pertaining to the administration of the funding initiative,
· Communication of the funding initiatives’ policies and processes to public sector research performers.
· Liaising with grantees on pre- and post-award matters.
· Collation and preparation of data for reporting to stakeholders.
· Cleaning, maintenance and analysis of project KPI and other data.
· Regularly reviewing progress of awarded grants to ensure that KPIs, milestones and budget utilisation is on track, and highlight issues for early intervention.
· Building excellence in grants management through the development, refinement and implementation of best practices, within A*STAR and through working with other funding agencies
· Good tertiary degree
· For Asst Head roles, minimum 2 years’ experience in public sector policy/planning/governance roles
· Experience and/or keen interest in work related to governance and policy, especially in the research & development sector
· Keen interest in cutting edge science & technology
· Strong problem solving, analytical and systems thinking abilities
· Resourceful and independent
· Able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders