The Radio-Frequency Microelectromechanical systems (RF-MEMS) team at Institute of Microelectronics (IME) Singapore is looking for a microwave research scientist. The scientist will work with a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the development of mmWave devices integrated with MEMS technology for 5G communication and beyond.
• Designing reconfigurable mmWave devices integrated with microelectromechanical system (MEMS) technology
• Developing comprehensive mmWave devices through detailed finite element and analytical models
• Building test setups and PCB circuits for characterizing mmWave devices
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Applied Physics or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in microwave related theory and engineering (PhD work can be counted)
• Good intuition and a deep understanding of fundamental principles on electromagnetics, microwave theory/engineering and wireless communication systems. • Experience with MEMS transduction mechanisms is a plus.
• Experience with electromagnetic simulation software such as HFSS, CST, etc.
• Experience with PCB/layout drawing software.
• Basic knowledge in MEMS fabrication is a plus
• Matlab/Python programming skills for data analysis is a plus
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as being an excellent team player.