A*STAR's Industry Development Group comprises several units focused on developing partnerships between industry and the Singapore research community.
We have openings for Infocomms and Media, Financial Services, Professional Services and Built Environment sectors under the Modern Services Cluster.
- Lead and strategize industry engagement plans for various sectors
- Engage with companies to understand their businesses, product/service offerings, and technology needs;
- Engage with Singapore's scientific units to understand their capabilities and relevance to companies; and
- "Matchmake" companies and researchers/research units, to bring in new investments, products, and jobs to Singapore's economy.
Officers can expect a diverse and varied career, developing skills in areas such as business development, marketing, intellectual property, legal, licensing, planning, policy, strategy, project management, leadership and a strong understanding of how to apply technology to make an impact.
Individuals who are keen to see technology make a difference in industry and society, and who can handle the diversity and complexity of the business, government and academic worlds, will find a good fit with this role.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a relevant field; a background in research or product development would be useful
- Ability to establish high touch with C-suite
- Effective and thoughtful communicator
- Knowledge of contract law will be an advantage
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Resourceful and able to with minimal supervision
- Willing, adaptable and flexible to take on required/necessary tasks beyond the job description
- A self-starter and problem solver who can proactively address any situation
- Able to identify and contextualise stakeholder issues, and manage them appropriately