1. Perform research in the following areas relating to coastal protection and adaptation to climate change:
- Wave attenuation over mangroves, seagrasses and coral reefs
- Feasibility of floating wetlands
2. Conduct literature review, field surveys and liaise with relevant government agencies to establish configurations of coastal vegetation/coral which are representative of those commonly found in Singapore.
3. Assist in planning and executing physical modelling and simulations involving free-surface waves interacting with artificial coastal vegetation/corals, as well as waves interacting with floating wetlands.
4. Perform numerical modelling and simulations using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and relevant tools for validation with model test results, and subsequently conduct parametric study and interface with other research partners.
5. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification & Field of Study:
Bachelor?s / Master?s Degree from reputable universities in Coastal Engineering, Civil/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or other related disciplines.
1. Preferably having relevant research/industry experience with competent knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Coastal engineering, civil engineering and/or naval architecture.
2. Prior experience/knowledge of the following software/programming languages will be preferred:
- CAD software such as SolidWorks, Rhino, and/or AutoCAD
- CFD tools such as OpenFOAM, and/or StarCCM+
- Hydrodynamic analysis tools such as SESAM, OrcaFlex and/or WAMIT
- Data analysis tools such as MATLAB
- Programming languages such as python, C++ and/or FORTRAN
3. Experience with model tests in wave flumes or basins, including experimental design, model setup, sensing and data acquisition, will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively as members of a team.
- Resourceful and self-driven with a high degree of professional integrity.