This position is responsible for Facilities Management of the workplace (research and office), aligned with A*STAR?s strategic goals in research.
The job scope encompasses the maintenance of the building facilities, ensuring an optimal and sustainable environment to facilitate world-class scientific research. You will assist and implement maintenance engineering initiatives to achieve higher reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Perform contracts management for facilities maintenance and conduct regular review to ensure smooth administration.
- Prepare tender document for contractual works (e.g. maintenance of Building Management System , gas detection system and others), project works and ad-hoc repair works for maintenance and operation purposes.
- Handle and troubleshoot any building services, facilities faults, or issues.
- Champion in leading green practices and promote sustainability in operations and maintenance of building & facilities.
- Engage internal stakeholders and various external parties e.g. Landlord, Contractors, Supplier in keeping A*STAR facilities relevant and vibrant.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation, update documents pertaining to the facilities maintenance and carry out analysis of operation trends of the research institutes.
- Provide facility management and administrative support to the research institutes.
- Implement projects relating to operational processes and system enhancement.
- To undertake any special assignments or projects relating to operational processes and system enhancement in a planned and professional manner ensuring that any work undertaken is completed within stipulated timeframes and given budget with the desired outcomes
- Minimum Degree in Project & Facilities Management or equivalent
- Relevant work experience is an added advantage
- A self-driven and meticulous individual who has the strong ability to multi-task
- Possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and organization skills
- Confident to communicate at all levels and able to think creatively and apply strategic thinking to tasks