The Laboratory of Skin Stem Cell Dynamics in Health and Disease, headed by Dr Kenneth Lay, investigates skin stem cell properties and behaviours that govern epithelial barrier function. We strive to unveil new pharmacological intervention points and harness stem cells for the treatment of various inflammatory skin disorders, including atopic dermatitis and hair loss.
We are looking for a Research Officer to join our laboratory in A*STAR Skin Research Labs (A*SRL).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform experiments involving mouse models, human cell culture, single-cell omics technologies, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, and high-throughput drug and genetic screens
- Provide technical support to fellow researchers in the laboratory
- Maintain laboratory equipment, reagents, and consumables
- Participate in procurement activities
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences or related fields with laboratory experience.
- Candidates with work experience in a laboratory environment are preferred
- Prior experience in mice, cell culture, molecular cloning and/or western blot is a plus
- Able to take initiative, conduct experiments and solve problems independently
- Dedicated, motivated and passionate about scientific research and learning
- Able to communicate well and work efficiently in a team