- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers towards research and innovation in microbial gas fermentation (e.g. conversion of CO2 to acetate)
- Have an interest in developing biological solutions for decarbonization, sustainable chemical production, and circularity for plastics
- Design and execute experiments based on proposed project scope
- Analyze data, interpret results, and plan next steps
- Routinely perform microbial strain screening, enzyme engineering and expression, anaerobic (and aerobic) fermentation in bioreactors
- Maintain accurate records, analyze data and present research findings at conferences, meetings, and to internal / external stakeholders
- Update project and prepare summary reports and presentations regularly
- Contribute to devise proposals to seek competitive funding
- Write and publish high impact papers in peer-reviewed journals, alongside preparation of technical disclosures, patent applications
- Supervise and mentor junior researchers in the team
- Perform general lab housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- A PhD degree with substantial laboratory experience is required, preferably in Biochemical/Bioprocessing Engineering or Industrial Microbiology/ Biotechnology.
- Possess proficiency in microbial strain screening and hands-on experience with anaerobic/aerobic fermentation in bioreactors.
- Preferred experience with new bioreactor prototype design, fabrication and operation. Prior experience with pilot-plant scale fermentation and lab-set-up and equipment procurement is desirable.
- Preferred capability to consistently conduct enzyme engineering and expression.
- A team player who is self-motivated and enjoy applied research work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in grant writing or grant application is good-to-have.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Adaptable to team-oriented goals and requirements
- Meticulous, attention to details and organized
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
- Willing to travel across multiple sites to work (e.g. Jurong Island)